Home About Us Events Museum News Displays Artefacts Machines Rider's Profiles Tracks & Much More
The National Speedway Museum


A programme from the first period of operation at the Dublin Chapelizod Track, the opening meeting held here in August 1950 was promoted by Wal Morton, a challenge between Liverpool and the Dublin Lizods which ended in a 42 - 42 draw, it attracted spectators in large numbers, 12,000 was recorded for this first meeting.

1951 saw the track running Open licence meetings this year promoted by Geoff Woodcock featuring stars from English tracks but the spectators interest waned and their numbers fell to a level described as very poor, open meetings continued but the track was also used for training sessions.

Some racing took place the following year 1952. There was no action on the track during 1953.

The last meeting took place in June 1954 and the track saw no further action, and is now partially occupied by an industrial estate.

Dublin - Chapelized

Return to Track Index

Cover Image Courtesy Richard Austin