The following is taken from the book “Homes of British Speedway”
“Victoria Park was the home of Newtongrange Star football Club a Scottish junior side. Full details remain sketchy, by Walter Elliott was reported to have tested a new Scott on the Newtongrange track in 1928.
After Reaching an agreement with the Scottish Speedway Riders’ Club, the Victoria Park raceway was made available for weekday training purposes in 1950. What were described as ‘racing practice meetings’ were also held.”
“Speedway returned to the venue on 27 May 1970 when Newtongrange Saints beat Berwich 39-
Run by James Wallace and James Beaton under the auspices of Speedway Promotions, the shale sport returned to Victoria Park for a series of open-
The track, following a period when it was used for stock car racing it was levelled for redevelopment in 1994
Thanks go to Michael Terran for the two program cover images the left 1970 and right 1073 also John Javis for copy and information taken from his and Robert Bamford’s book Homes of British Speedway